1910 – 1912
Architects: Josef, Franz and Ludwig Rank
Lindwurmstraße 88, Munich
The Lindwurmhof was built between 1910 and 1912 as an office and commercial building based on Hamburger models on the initiative of the Röchling steel group from the Saar Palatinate and according to the plans of the Munich building contractors and architects Gebrüder Rank in reinforced concrete construction.
The brothers Josef, Franz and Ludwig Rank had already acquired the concession for the production of reinforced concrete in 1901 from the Frenchman François Hennebique, who had registered the patent for it in 1892.
In 1902, the Rank company joined the Deutscher Beton- und Bautechnik-Verein (German Concrete and Construction Technology Association), founded in 1898, of which Josef Rank was a member of the board from 1904 to 1930.
The Art Nouveau building, which housed Rank’s offices from 1912 to 1931, was located directly on the railroad embankment of the former Royal Bavarian Southern Railway.
The Lindwurmhof was used by the Rank brothers as their business premises until 1931.
In 1932, the international forwarding company Gebrüder Wetsch acquired the Lindwurmhof. The building then served for many years as a large warehouse with its own rail siding.
Today, Lindwurmstrasse, which runs south parallel to Lindwurmhof, passes under the railroad tracks.
Various clubs had their premises here since 1968. From 1968 Crash was located here, from 1993 to 2002 the Stromlinien Club, from 2003 to 2010 The Garden, then the Mandalina Club and since the end of 2012 the Strøm.