1912 – 1913
Architect: Otto Wagner
Hüttelbergstraße 28, Vienna
Otto Wagner built two villas on neighboring properties from 1886 to 1888 and from 1912 to 1913. The second villa shown here goes back to a design from 1905 and shows Wagner’s further stylistic development. He lived in the house himself until his death in April 1918.
The cubic structure with flat roof, high rectangular window openings and a protruding cornice with coffered soffit is as a reinforced concrete construction also structurally up to date at the time.
The facade decoration, consisting of blue glass strips and aluminum nails, is used geometrically and sparingly. The designs for the leaded glass windows above the entrance portal and for the mosaics in the loggia are both by Koloman Moser.