1929 – 1930
Architects: Otho Orlando Kurz, Eduard Herbert
Karl-Theodor-Straße 102–106, Schleißheimer Straße 214–218, Bechsteinstraße 1–7 and Brunnerstraße, Munich
The plots, which until then had been used as farmland by market gardeners and were largely undeveloped, bordered the church to the north and south.
The developer of the northern residential block was Münchener Wohnungsbau AG.
The two southern apartment blocks were financed by the Verein für Volkswohnungen.
The block to the north of Karl-Theodor-Strasse is notable for its simple facades in the New Objectivity style, which are given rhythm by rounded balconies with clinker parapets, elongated stairwell bay windows and protruding door elements.
Along Schleißheimer Straße there are stores with display windows as well as the entrance to the underground garage.
The living spaces of the spacious two- to six-room apartments generally face the street.
Kitchen, chamber, bathroom, WC and loggia are oriented to the inner courtyard.
The apartment blocks are listed as an ensemble together with the Catholic Church of Saint Sebastian.