1922 – 1925
Architect: Otto Droge
Willmar-Schwabe-Straße 1, Leipzig
Differently sized, clearly structured, sand-colored plaster surfaces contrast with cornices, pilasters and pilasters made of Rochlitz porphyry tuff and structure the wall surfaces of the building.
Decorative rosettes, wrought iron, stucco moldings and the flower-like fountain base are elements of Art Deco.
In 1920, a competition was held for the construction of a new office building for the Leipzig General Local Health Insurance Fund, which was won by the architect Otto Droge.
The 117-meter-long building was erected along Jahnallee due to the layout of the site.
The main facade of the building is on Willmar-Schwabe-Strasse, named after the co-founder of the health insurance company.
The enclosing wall with the railing, which has stone spheres as supports and wrought-iron crossbeams, is also made of Rochlitz porphyry tuff.
On the main floor is the almost seventy meter long counter hall.
In front of the entrance there is a porch. Behind the wrought iron lattice gates opens a courtyard with a fountain figure.
The fountain figure Recovery by the sculptor Felix Pfeifer, which was melted down during the Second World War, is today replaced by a copy.