Architects: Georg Werner, Eduard Härtinger
Bürgermeister-Aurnhammer-Straße 9–11, Augsburg-Göggingen
The two-story, gable-roofed building with a brick facade and an attached, semicircular staircase tower in the south was built in 1929 according to plans by architects Georg Werner and Eduard Härtinger.
Georg Werner studied architecture at the Faculty of Architecture of the Technical University of Munich from 1912 to 1920, interrupted by service during the First World War.
Between 1920 and 1926, he was first a trainee, then a government architect (Assessor), and finally a Oberpostbaurat at the Munich Oberpostdirektion. In 1926, he took over as head of the construction department at the Augsburg Oberpostdirektion.
Along with Robert Vorhoelzer and Walther Schmidt, Georg Werner was a key architect at the Bayerische Postbauschule (Bavarian Postal Construction School) and was involved, among other things, in the design of the administrative building of the Munich Oberpostdirektion.
Architect Eduard Härtinger was born in Munich in 1891. He studied at the Technical University of Munich from 1918 to 1921 and worked for Theodor Fischer from 1921 to 1922. From 1922 to 1927 he was involved in various hospital buildings in the office of Richard Schachner.
From 1927 he was employed by the Augsburg Oberpostdirektion. He died in Augsburg in 1974.