Leipzig: Entrance Building of the Underground Exhibition Hall

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer
Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

1924

Architects: Otto Droge (entrance), Carl Crämer (exhibition hall)

Markt 1, Leipzig

The under­ground exhibition hall designed by architect Carl Crämer was the world’s first under­ground exhibition building. In 1919 the number of exhibitors at the trade fair Leipzig increased to such an extent that it was decided to move under­ground in order to continue to benefit from the central location on the market. The entrance, designed by architect Otto Droge, is carried out in Rochlitzer Porphyrtuff. Today it is the entrance to the S‑Bahn station Markt.

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Eingangsbauwerk der ehemaligen Untergrundmesse am Markt, 1924. Architekt: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Entrance building of the former under­ground exhibition hall, 1924. Architects: Otto Droge, Carl Crämer

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *